Thursday, May 10, 2012

Asian Avocado Dip

So here's something to try...

I've recently got back on track with my no-white flour-no-dairy diet, which is hard for anyone with a love of food like me. The hardest part for me is finding something easy and fast to eat that isn't cheese, cheesy, or covered in cheese. Or celery. Celery is in no way satisfying, I don't care what anyone tries to tell you, its just not.

While we were in Mexico, I discovered this dip, which I fell in love with. Its a nice change from the classic guacamole with such simple ingredients. It feels light and tangy and somehow still satisfying. While Avocados might not be the lowest in fat content, we all know they're delicious and good for you and, most importantly, not made of cheese.

Asian Avocado Dip:
(I do not have an actual camera right now,  so this is just
a screen shot, doesn't quite to it justice. Then again,
mashed up avocados always look like mashed up
avocados.)

  • 2 Ripe Avocados
  • 1/4 Cup Sour Cream (I've been using Yogurt) (Obviously if you can, use the sour cream because literally everything is better with a higher fat content.)
  • 1/2 tbs. Soy Sauce
  • Juice of 1 lime

The recipe also calls for 1/2 tsp. of Grated Ginger but I'm not a huge ginger person and we didn't have any anyways, so I haven't made it with this yet. 






The directions are as follows: Mash everything up together. 
Eat it with corn chips, rice chips, whatever feels right.


I recently started just chopping up the avo into pieces, squeezing lime on top, drizzing the soy sauce on it, and eating it with seed toast in the morning. 


It's so so good.

1 comment:

  1. we're gonna cook healthy delicious food together this summer. we're going to be happy and summer-y and skinnaay x)

    ReplyDelete